If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How Do I Use This **** Program

I have purchased a My Passport from WD and I have not been able to use it to watch any movies that I have. it only works with playong music. how do I get help to work out this **** program Plex works because I am not technical and there is nothing that I can find that is of any help.

Answers

• hthighwayhthighway Posts: 6,618Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited January 6

Did you purchase a WD My Passport Wireless Pro?
    https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=13872

• Paul
  • echyzowskiechyzowski Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello Mihali,

Is this just a USB external hard drive, which I assume it is. If so, I'm assuming your running Plex Media Server? Or are you just running the player?
    Is it plugged into a dedicated PC for Plex?
    Is it plugged into a Hypervisor, like VMware or MS Hyper-V?
    Is it plugged into a laptop, which you just using to watch movies?
    Is there movies on the Drive? You said you would only play music, so I gather you have your MP3's on that drive.
    Did you add the drive to your Libraries in Plex?
    Did you rescan your library if you did the above?
    Did your movies show up?
    A little more detail on your setup, what you're trying to accomplish and such would help.

PMS: Plex on Ubuntu VMware 6.5 (4GB,4CPU) 20TB Local Storage, 150up/150dn, Sonarr on Windows Server 2016 Virtual Machine, PureVPN.
    I travel for work, so I use Plex everyday. Love it. My family loves it.
    I installed a flat screen in the bathroom so my wife can watch Plex in the tub. She's in heaven. :)