If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Is PfK dead?

radiocolinradiocolin Posts: 105Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is this app going to be actively maintained or...?

Best Answer

Answers

• HitsVilleHitsVille Posts: 789Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 6

Well with one tiny update in almost a year to fix some users being unable to connect It would seem the answer is "or...?"

HitsVille

• reddwarfcrewreddwarfcrew Posts: 646Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Standard plex practice. Develop something new, get it 70% working, then walk away to the next new project.

• HitsVilleHitsVille Posts: 789Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@reddwarfcrew said:
    Standard plex practice. Develop something new, get it 70% working, then walk away to the next new project.

Yeah just a shame this one was one with so much promise.

HitsVille

• MacRae HomeMacRae Home Posts: 444Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@keithah said:
    We're still working on it. New update in the beta repo. :)

Where do I access the Beta Repo?

Thanks

Windows PLEX Server : Intel Core i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60Ghz, 8GB Ram, Intel SSD 120GB boot drive, RAID5 4TB media store
    Desktop Clients : 2 x Windows 7 (64-bit) Zotac Nano AD11 XS's (nearly as small as aTV's) and 1 x Windows 7 (64-bit) Intel NUC's (4inch x 4inch, small) 1 x Windows 7 (32-bit) ATOM ION2, 1 x 15.4 Retina MBP, 1 x 11" MBA
    Mobile Clients : 2 x iPhone 5's, 1 x iPad 2, 2 x iPadMini's, 2 x aTV2, 2 x aTV3, 1 x ROKU2 XS
  • GittalonglildoggiesGittalonglildoggies Posts: 75Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 12

Thanks

@smacrae1970

Go to https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1333079/#Comment_1333079

At the bottom of the 2nd post download the Plex.respository zip. Install it in Kodi, then you’ll be able to install the new version.

My rig:
    OpenPHT - HTPC - Intel NUC6i5SYH - Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Edition, 16 GB ECC memory, Dual core 1.9 GHz, 500 GB PCIE SSD, 1 GB Ethernet.
    PMS - HTMac Server - MacPro (late 2013) - OSX 10.12.3, 12GB ECC memory, Quad core 3.7 GHz, 1 TB PCIE SSD, 1 GB Ethernet. All media stored on NAS, mounted via smb.
    NAS - Iomega StorCenter ix4-200d: firmware v3.2.14.30167, 4 - 1 TB Western Digital Black (enterprise 1.5 million hrs MTtF), all services disabled except for CIFS. Dual homed 1 GB nics.

• jonomitejonomite Posts: 15Members ✭✭

@Gittalonglildoggies said:

Thanks

@smacrae1970

Go to https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1333079/#Comment_1333079

At the bottom of the 2nd post download the Plex.respository zip. Install it in Kodi, then you’ll be able to install the new version.

If one installs the beta repo, does that automatic official updates for the add on will cease?

• keithahkeithah Posts: 1,332Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

No, it will update the latest. So whichever has the higher version # is the one you get, so you'll get both, essentially.

• MacRae HomeMacRae Home Posts: 444Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Gittalonglildoggies and @keithah thanks heaps....

Windows PLEX Server : Intel Core i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60Ghz, 8GB Ram, Intel SSD 120GB boot drive, RAID5 4TB media store
    Desktop Clients : 2 x Windows 7 (64-bit) Zotac Nano AD11 XS's (nearly as small as aTV's) and 1 x Windows 7 (64-bit) Intel NUC's (4inch x 4inch, small) 1 x Windows 7 (32-bit) ATOM ION2, 1 x 15.4 Retina MBP, 1 x 11" MBA
    Mobile Clients : 2 x iPhone 5's, 1 x iPad 2, 2 x iPadMini's, 2 x aTV2, 2 x aTV3, 1 x ROKU2 XS