If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Issues streaming from Plex on FreeNAS Server

MrRogersM2MrRogersM2 Posts: 8Members ✭✭

Hello all,
I've been having issues getting movies to stream on multiple platforms (Chrome web browser, Roku). I have tried using both original and transcoded streams and both get stuck on infinite loading times. I was able to play the movie directly over a CIFS share, so I don't think the network or the drive speed is the issue. However, I have a hard time believing my NAS's hardware is to blame as it has a Ryzen 1600x (Passmark score of 13k+) and 8GB of DDR4. I've looked up a couple of posts with people having similar issues, but I haven't been able to fix it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

I've attached the verbose logs.

Best Answers

• MrRogersM2MrRogersM2 Posts: 8Members ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

In case anyone ever runs across this post, I have solved the issue. I installed another 8GB of ram and my issues disappeared. Thank you to TurboJailer for the suggestion.

Answers

Yes FreeNAS works perfectly, I have been able to run and tweak it without any issues from it's web client. Same for Plex, I've been able to upload and view photos. My only issue has been streaming video.

Update: Streaming to mobile works perfectly. I'm really puzzled.

Accepted Answer

In case anyone ever runs across this post, I have solved the issue. I installed another 8GB of ram and my issues disappeared. Thank you to TurboJailer for the suggestion.

• TurboJailerTurboJailer Posts: 310Members ✭✭✭

Glad you got it figured out.