Home › Plex for Kodi
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!
Not local server option with app
I installed Kodi 17.4 on RetroPie, and Plex 0.1.3 add-on. When starting the add-on there is no option to use a local server. It's forcing me to use a plex.tv login.
I did the following:
- Uninstalled Plex add-on
- Disabled auto-updates
- Deleted ~/.kodi/addons/script.module.request (v2.18.4)
- Installed Request 2.12.4 into ~/.kodi/addons/script.module.request
- On Plex Server v22.214.171.12425, changed Settings>Network>Secure connections to "Preferred" (note, Remote Access enabled for my Plex TV account)
- Started EmulationStation & Kodi, Installed Plex v0.1.3 (no option to install a previous version)
- Started Plex, and forced to Sign-In using a Plex.tv account - no local server option.