If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Playing files to Sonos from Plex Cloud

davegram@live.comdavegram@live.com Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is there anything special I need to do to get my Plex Cloud FLAC or ALAC files to play properly on Sonos? I am trying to play files from my OneDrive which all previously played perfectly when synced via Microsoft Groove. They were mostly 16 bit ALACs.

They all play perfectly from the Plex app on my phone and the web app. However, they're failing to play on Sonos. I tried reencoding a couple of albums as 16 bit FLACs, and those played after a few seconds of stutter (which appears to be Sonos's transcoding kicking in).

Tagged:

Comments

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 9,670Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

(I took to the liberty of moving this to the correct forum.)

instagram @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the Medium page // the dog's twitter feed.

• davegram@live.comdavegram@live.com Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I tested ALAC and FLAC files ripped with a variety of programs (EAC, WMP, iTunes...). Uploaded them to Plex Cloud to test. They all played perfectly from the Plex app. When testing playback on Sonos, results varied from total failure to a stutter of several seconds before playing each track. It appears to me that Plex is not a viable solution for playback of lossless files on Sonos.