If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

xbox one server unavailable

mit4321mit4321 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

About 4 months ago Xbox one would not connect to server. I can access it on all other platforms, I can access it remotely on all platforms just not on Xbox one. I'm running 1.11.0.4666 version. I have uninstalled Plex on my server, uninstalled Plex one Xbox one.. delete all ip address on my router, rebooted my router and then reinstalled Plex on server and Xbox one. have. linked my Xbox one to my Plex account. Xbox shows up under devices, Plex app shows me my Server name but says it cannot access it, keeps giving me message server unavailable. How can Xbox find the name of my server but gives me a message server unavailable. What is going on?

Answers

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,530Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Hi there. Is the server on the same network as the Xbox One? Do you have a double NAT by any chance?

• mrc247_DEmrc247_DE Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

In the settings there is a point "fall back on insecure connection" or something like that. If you enable this for local servers, he also finds the Plex server again. Why he can not establish a secure connection to the server, no idea, I had the same problem.

Please excuse my bad English. I am not a native speaker. :)

Plex Media Server: QNAP TS-453A (Linux, 4GB RAM, Intel Celeron 1.6 GHz quad-core CPU), 4x 4TB WD Red (Raid 5), 1 Gbit Ethernet
    Plex Clients: Plex for LG, XPlay, Plex for iOS, Plex for Apple TV, Plex for Xbox One
    TV: LG OLED65C7D (WebOS 3.5, Firmware 04.70.30)

• mit4321mit4321 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes server on same local network, i do not have a double NAT. I tried setting it to connect on insecure network, same issue. I just don't understand how i can access PLEX on my android phone and table in my house or at my work with no issue. My window computer can access it with a direct connection or insecure connection. My Xbox One can access online gaming and watch netflix without any issue. I cannot pin point the exact time Plex on Xbox One stop working. My Xbox One does auto update and so does my Media server, so i not sure which one caused the issue. All i know is a lot of Googling and I see this looks like a common problem, but nobody seem to know how to fix it.