If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can I add Plex app to Samsung un40c6300sf

I apologize if this has been asked and answered but I was unable to find it.
I have a 2010 Samsung un40c6300sf. Is it possible to load (or sideload) Plex on this thing or am I stuck going through the input selection?

Best Answer

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,564Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    Accepted Answer

To be able to install the v 1.0 (v 2.0 doesn't work on your model) app you need a TV with a SmartHub that allows you to add new apps. I don't think your model has that, so the answer is unfortunately, no.

If it would have had a SmartHub, you could install it from the store or side load it from here.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

Answers

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,564Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    Accepted Answer

To be able to install the v 1.0 (v 2.0 doesn't work on your model) app you need a TV with a SmartHub that allows you to add new apps. I don't think your model has that, so the answer is unfortunately, no.

If it would have had a SmartHub, you could install it from the store or side load it from here.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation