If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Trailers aren't working in Plex Media Player but are in other players

Xen0sysXen0sys Posts: 577Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited January 8 in Plex Media Player

When trying to play a trailer from PMP, I just get to a page that says:

There was a problem playing this item

loading failed

Trailers work in Plex Web.

Answers

• DWkitDWkit Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having a similar issue. I can't play any trailers or special features using Plex web app from my PC, Xbox One, Vizio, Roku, Firestick, etc. ie: It's not working at all on any of my devices. :-(
    I've tried going to the Server settings and checking/fixing the Agents;PlexMovie;TheMovieDatabase check boxes as instructed in most FAQ's pertaining to not being able to view previews.
    Anyone have any ideas? I have my Server logs if that would help.
    Thanks

Set-Up: NOTE (None will play trailers or special features)
    Plex running on a Qnap TVS- 463 NAS with web app on my PC (Everything is hardwired on a gigabit home network)
    Home Theater: Plex running on an Xbox One hardwired to gigabit home network and Wi-Fi Firestick running in TV input of Xbox One
    Master BR: Plex running on a Vizio 4K TV hardwired to gigabit home network
    BR 1-4: Plex running on Vizio TV's hardwired to gigabit home network
    LR: Plex running on an Xbox One hardwired to gigabit home network
    Kitchen; Plex running on a Roku device via Wi-Fi