If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Changing the order of Media in the overview column?

dkuhl0904dkuhl0904 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

By standard, the order is alphabetical. For me in Germany running PMS in German language it means
1. Filme ("Movies")
2. Musik ("Music")
3. Photos ("Photos")
4. Serien ("TV-Shows")
5. TV-Filme ("TV-Movies")
6. TV-Reihen ("TV Series")

Any chance to change the order the way I want it? Which means
1. Serien
2. Filme
3. TV-Filme
4. TV-Reihen
5. Musik
6. Photos

Hope there is a way!

Many thanks and best regards

Dietmar

Frankfurt/Germany

Answers

• stuartf1stuartf1 Posts: 71Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    via Email
    I did as you have in your preferred order ie renamed them with a number
    prefix
  • dkuhl0904dkuhl0904 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes - I know that´ll work. But really expected a way without numbering the media... doesn´t look that good....

• Elijah_BaleyElijah_Baley Posts: 4,533Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It is ordered alphabetically and there is no way to change that.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain
    "If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” - Isaac Asimov

• Strategizer8520Strategizer8520 Posts: 37Members ✭✭
    edited January 8

A "temp fix" for this was posted in another thread by a plex dev or plex ninja, But I forget the thread it was posted in. They had said to edit the library name's & add space's/gap's at the beginning of the library name (More spaces the higher you want that section in the library list)

Example. (I used ____ for space in this example)
    1.______Serien (6 spaces)
    2._____Filme (5 space)
    3.____TV-Filme (4 spaces)
    4.___TV-Reihen (3 spaces)
    5.__Musik (2 spaces)
    6._Photos (1 space)

Plex Player/Server will then ignore/not show the spaces at the beginning of the library name, But will keep the order you made by adding more or less spaces to your library names.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,407Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Yes, the space trick still works.