If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Movie doesn't play smooth - very subtle stuttering

yahknow1yahknow1 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm referring to MKV playback using OpenPHT. The files play butter smooth on VLC and even PDVD15/16. What could be the problem?

Answers

• GittalonglildoggiesGittalonglildoggies Posts: 67Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Have you tried it with PMP? If it happens with both Plex clients then odds are it’s an issue with Plex server. Otherwise it’s probably something going on with OpenPHT. What OS are you running?

My rig:
    OpenPHT - HTPC - Intel NUC6i5SYH - Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Edition, 16 GB ECC memory, Dual core 1.9 GHz, 500 GB PCIE SSD, 1 GB Ethernet.
    PMS - HTMac Server - MacPro (late 2013) - OSX 10.12.3, 12GB ECC memory, Quad core 3.7 GHz, 1 TB PCIE SSD, 1 GB Ethernet. All media stored on NAS, mounted via smb.
    NAS - Iomega StorCenter ix4-200d: firmware v3.2.14.30167, 4 - 1 TB Western Digital Black (enterprise 1.5 million hrs MTtF), all services disabled except for CIFS. Dual homed 1 GB nics.