If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Synced items missing from Sync menu

adamschoalesadamschoales Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've been trying to free up some space on my iPad by deleting synced episodes of shows/movies I've watched only to discover that a number of items I've synced are not showing in the SYNC menu. This means that the only way to remove them (as far as I can tell anyways) is to remove everything.

Does anyone have any idea as to how I can fix the problem? Why I can't simply delete a synced item from the item itself and have to use the menu is beyond me. Very odd UX design.

Tagged:

Answers

• marcelhehlemarcelhehle Posts: 415Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It's a bug. Has been there forever. Actually sync never really worked without any troubles

• adamschoalesadamschoales Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@marcelhehle said:
    It's a bug. Has been there forever. Actually sync never really worked without any troubles

Well that's frustrating.

To me a simple solution would be to simply add the option to delete the file from the file's info screen itself (you know, like just about every other video app out there does).

• marcelhehlemarcelhehle Posts: 415Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Plex is not every other video app. Plex is special in that regard. Very special. :D