Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

DVR: There was a problem saving your changes. Please try again.

mcdermott_smcdermott_s Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

I get the following message when trying to schedule a recording, ever more frequently, and on locations I never had an issue with in the past

Could it be related to the length of the path, or the number of items in the location, I don't see why but it's the only thing I can see that is different with the specific locations.

Tagged:

Answers

• eohmeohm Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5 Plex Pass

I am having this issue constantly since version 1.10.1.4602. It shows the movie/show in the program guide and I either get this error, or, if it actually lets me save the recording, it doesn't show in the Scheduler at all and it never does the recording. I tried updating to the latest beta build 1.11.0.4666 but it did not resolve this for me. Probably going to downgrade to a stable release like 1.9.7.4460 or 1.9.6.4429. If it works ill reply back on here.

• mcdermott_smcdermott_s Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

Good to know I'm am not alone on this, I will post of I find something

• MattatonMattaton Members, Plex Pass Posts: 13 Plex Pass

I'm still not sure why this happens, but in case you still haven't gotten it working, here's what worked for me: I had to direct the recording to another library, then go back and modify the recording to point to the desired library. Then it worked. ???

• CromulentCromulent Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass

@Mattaton said:
    I'm still not sure why this happens, but in case you still haven't gotten it working, here's what worked for me: I had to direct the recording to another library, then go back and modify the recording to point to the desired library. Then it worked. ???

This worked for me

• Yella_boi25Yella_boi25 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

What devices are you guys using I am using WD pr2100 and 2 hdhomerun prime and I am attempting to setup and I am getting this error.

• volcom45volcom45 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 94 Plex Pass

Thanks for posting this workaround. It seems to be working for me. Is there no way to change the default recording location anywhere so that this doesn't have to happen every time? Quite annoying bug. Plex, please acknowledge and fix.