If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

iOS Bug - NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1001 "The request timed out"

rocketman555rocketman555 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited January 10 in iOS

I am using:
* Plex Media Server (Version 1.10.1.4602) (latest)
* Plex iOS App (Version 4.23.1) (latest)
* Windows 10

Problem:
Connections to content in the "Related" button timeout cause severe lags when browsing into a media item. Read: It is unusable. After anywhere from 1 to 3 minutes, the "Related" button loads. This is for EVERY item in the library. Browsing out and back into the same media item still causes the exact same issue.

Error:
For every item I browse into in my Plex library in the iOS app, I receive errors included in the logs below while the movie information loads. The movie poster and fanart load quickly. However, based on analysis, it seems that information about all the "Related" content throws up the errors. If I try to access the URLs listed in the logs from the computer running PMS (just for testing), I receive a 401 Unauthorized Error. Here is a small snippet from the log. I trimmed the log down, but these requests repeat themselves over and over and over again until the "Related" button loads.

2018/01/09 16:13:34.737 (118 MB) (12099) ?? PMKServer+Requests.m:233 | Attempting recovery from error Error Domain=NSURLErrorDomain Code=-1001 "The request timed out." UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x1c1044b00 {Error Domain=kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork Code=-1001 "(null)" UserInfo={_kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=-2102, _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=4}}, NSErrorFailingURLStringKey=http://192.168.1.13:32400/library/metadata/32911?checkFiles=1&includeChapters=1&includeConcerts=1&includeExtras=1&includeGeolocation=0&includeOnDeck=1&includePopularLeaves=1&includeRelated=0&includeRelatedCount=15&includeReviews=1&X-Plex-Device-Name=[REDACTED], NSErrorFailingURLKey=http://192.168.1.13:32400/library/metadata/32911?checkFiles=1&includeChapters=1&includeConcerts=1&includeExtras=1&includeGeolocation=0&includeOnDeck=1&includePopularLeaves=1&includeRelated=0&includeRelatedCount=15&includeReviews=1&X-Plex-Device-Name=[REDACTED], _kCFStreamErrorDomainKey=4, _kCFStreamErrorCodeKey=-2102, NSLocalizedDescription=The request timed out.}

What can be done? I've been trying for 2 days to rectify this with no success.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• rocketman555rocketman555 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've tested again and made a comprehensive log (with Verbose off!). The movie I was browsing into is 33909 in the database. Same issue where all information/pictures loaded very fast...except the "Related" button, which lagged for around 20s or so. The server is on the local LAN so this should not be happening.

Any help would be appreciated.

Log.txt 11.8K

After more testing, the issue is non-existent on Android. This has to be a recently-introduced bug in the iOS app.

edited January 13

Hmmm. No takers or updates? This is a game-breaker for Plex on iOS, as it slows down browsing by around a minute per movie.