Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[Bug] Can't Get to Library

mbarylskimbarylski Members, Plex Pass Posts: 574 Plex Pass

A new bug just recently popped up where I can't get to one of my libraries. Interestingly, it's my most used library for TV Shows. I can see the on deck screen, but when I click it to move to the library view it doesn't do anything. I have to go to a different library first and then when I go back via the B button I see the library I was trying to get to. Anyone else notice this bug?

Comments

• slinkys4evrhslinkys4evrh Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I also have this bug

• MoussaMoussa Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,634 Plex Employee

Hi there. That's an interesting sounding bug. Does it always affect the same library? Does the library have a peculiar name? Do you have issues with that library in any other Plex apps?

• mbarylskimbarylski Members, Plex Pass Posts: 574 Plex Pass

@Moussa said:
    Hi there. That's an interesting sounding bug. Does it always affect the same library? Does the library have a peculiar name? Do you have issues with that library in any other Plex apps?

Yes, for me it's always the same library and nothing unusual about the name. It's called "TV Series" and it worked fine up until about a week ago. No issues in other apps (web and Android) either. Should I send some logs?

• MoussaMoussa Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 1,634 Plex Employee

@mbarylski Sure, logs might be helpful. Make sure you have logging enabled in the app first.

Ok, here they are. Hopefully there's something in the logs that pinpoint the problem. If you can think of a workaround, or way to at least temporarily fix it let me know. I'm thinking I need to clear the cache or something, but I don't see a way to do that from the app.

@mbarylski Thanks for the logs! Unfortunately they don't capture the issue. If the issue is consistent with a particular library is it possible to share the library temporarily with me? Don't need the contents shared.

edited January 11

@Moussa Yea, I didn't think the logs would show anything. I shared my library with you. I'd be surprised if you saw the same problem I'm seeing, but give it a shot. I updated the app on Xbox One hoping it would fix the issue, but sadly it didn't.

@mbarylski Thanks for the share. Unfortunately I still can't reproduce the issue :confused: I'll keep digging.

@Moussa said:
    @mbarylski Thanks for the share. Unfortunately I still can't reproduce the issue :confused: I'll keep digging.

Not a problem. You might've done something though, cause it just started working....well...kinda. works sometimes, but not others. Kind of random. I ran analyze on the library too, so maybe that did something. Really be nice if it worked consistently, but at least it's a little better than before.

• LucidonlineLucidonline Members, Plex Pass Posts: 15 Plex Pass

Did you try optimising the database?

@Lucidonline said:
    Did you try optimising the database?

Tried the optimizing and that didn't work either. Seems like something on the xbox is getting cached and corrupting the app. Strange.

@Moussa I fixed the problem. I uninstalled the Xbox One app, reinstalled and it started working again. Not sure what caused the issue to begin with though.