If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Androd App not displaying media Images (can stream fine)

DBKyndDBKynd Posts: 5Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

On same LAN (wifi) with PMS. Desktop can stream and see images as expected. Even remote users can see images (via Roku)
However, with my android device, I can stream media just fine but none of the media images appear. Not in the homepage, library, or title views.

I can temporarily fix by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. On the FIRST app launch after sign in, I can see media images, but after closing and reopening the app, they are no longer there.
I've been able to reproduce this every time by uninstall / reinstall / open / close / open.

Nexus 6p
Android 8.0.0
PMS 1.10.1.4602
Android App 6.11.3.3147

Answers

• DBKyndDBKynd Posts: 5Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Holy image size Batman, haha
    Also this has only been an issue this past week. I have been using Plex on this device for months prior.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,424Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Did you possibly run out of storage on your device?

@MovieFan.Plex said:
    Did you possibly run out of storage on your device?

No, It is only at 60% used (12.7GB remaining)
    That was a good thought though.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,424Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

The posters are retrieved from PMS and saved locally. It sounds like the app is correctly caching these images as they come from PMS after a clean install, but somehow they are not not getting saved correctly, so the next time you use the app, it retrieves the images locally but has trouble with these files. Why this is happening, I don't know. Is there anything special about your phone?

@MovieFan.Plex said:
    The posters are retrieved from PMS and saved locally. It sounds like the app is correctly caching these images as they come from PMS after a clean install, but somehow they are not not getting saved correctly, so the next time you use the app, it retrieves the images locally but has trouble with these files. Why this is happening, I don't know. Is there anything special about your phone?

No. It is a stock Nexus 6P that has never been rooted or flashed or anything....

That's interesting, when I do a fresh install and can see the images, as I move to different areas I can see as the images are loading, being fetched from the PMS. I can change libraries and return and the images are still there.

But once I close and reopen the app no images are present. Not the ones I just saw/fetched, and when navigating to a new area or library, no new images appear to be fetched either.

Odd. I'm reluctant to factory default this device, but I might have to eventually to see if that helps... :neutral:

• shaksbeershaksbeer Posts: 1Members

i am seeing the exact same issue on two FireTV devices (separate networks)... :( any solution to this problem?