If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

New File not showing in library

simlamysimlamy Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

Since a week, or so, when I drop new files in my folders, they don't show in my library.

I tried:

• Manual scan library
  • change files to different folder
  • delete and re do link to my folder
  • downgrade to version 1,9,3

Any ideas?

Thanks

Answers

• tom80Htom80H Posts: 1,719Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    • permissions?
    • anything different about this file compared to your others? -- Plex will e.g. ignore ISO images of your disc based media
    • special characters in the file name such as quotes "? -- this could cause the scanning to fail as Plex searches for certain patterns in the file names

If bad comes to worse you could check out the logs (from Settings > Server > Help). If you download shortly after attempting to refresh your library, it should be easy to find a potential error message linked to this process (check out the newest Plex Media Scanner.log from the zip file you'll get)

I hope you haven't messed up your database by shifting versions...

• simlamysimlamy Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks tom,

I have a lot of: database disk image is malformed

and: database corruption

What should I do?

Thanks