If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Having trouble accessing your Plex skill right now

Mortimer452Mortimer452 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Skill is setup and linked, if I ask it to "list servers" it returns a list of servers, if I ask it to "list players" I get a list of connected players. However, no media playback/controls work. "Ask Plex to play XXX" or "Ask Plex what's on deck" all hang for 10 seconds or so, then respond "Sorry, I'm having trouble accessing your Plex skill right now."

A friend has shared his server with me, if I change to his server, music playback works great. If he switches to mine, same problem.

My Plex server is a Windows7 PC on my home network. Port forwarding is setup on the router for remote access, I have no issues connecting with other players inside/outside my home LAN.

Any ideas? Symptoms kinda make me think it's a router issue or something, but not sure what to check.

Answers

• Sland12sSland12s Posts: 5Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Loads of us have the same problem. Still waiting for a response from PLEX which is pretty damn poor.