If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Roku update seems to kill features

pixeltweek1pixeltweek1 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

In the last two weeks, both a Roku stick and a Roku 2 XS have changed due to a Roku update, I believe. The arrows right and left used to jump forward and backward a set time but now they just start the time line indicator and it's up to me to hit the play button. Also, when I select a chapter in a movie, I no longer get the text descriptor of the chapter, just it's number... irritating! I tried to ask Roku but they won't accept questions about either of these devices... more irritating! Is there any hope of fixing this?

Best Answers

Answers

• pixeltweek1pixeltweek1 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes, it is the FWD/REV buttons that have changed. Strange they must do that after they sell it having advertised it the way I like. Oh well!
    And I am using the Plex Pass beta channel. It took a while to actually like it but it provided features that were worth getting used to. Can I assume that the beta channel is the latest and greatest interface for Plex?

• pixeltweek1pixeltweek1 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks BigWheel for the responses!
    One other question: is there another device that interfaces with Plex in the same manner as Roku?