If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No Dolby Digital Playback

Marcel FreudensteinMarcel Freudenstein Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello together,

I am running the latest version of Plex Media Server on a Synology NAS and have several Clients in use.
One of the clients is running on a Samsung HU7590. When I watch a movie which has a DTS 5.1 audio track the playback is perfect and my Denon AVR switches to DTS input. But when playback movies having a Dolby Digital AC3 5.1 audio track my Denon stays in MC Stereo so the TV respectively the Plex app seems to output PCM. Even if I change the audio track from German to English DD True HD 7.1 it stays in German PCM. It is also only possible to change between the audio tracks when the movie is not played back, changing the audio track during playback does not work.

I tried to change the configuration of the audio output mode but that did not have any effects.

Has anybody an idea what is going wrong?

Answers

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,476Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited January 10

It's a bug in 2.009 with automatic output switching combined with a glitch in the firmware.
    You can however fix it manually:

• Start a movie and during playback press the Tools button
    • Select the Audio menu, this will open the TV's own menu
    • Find the output settings and set it to whatever is available.

Note : The TV will stay in this mode, so you may need to change it again if the output format is DTS again.

I will try to fix it in the next version.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

• Marcel FreudensteinMarcel Freudenstein Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 11

Hi Orca,

Thanks for your Response. I will try it.
    Do you already know whena new version will be available?
    I also have some better Translations for German language. Are you interested in them or how to proceed with them?

Regards,

Marcel

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,476Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation