If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

iOS grid/list view shows collection folders even after collection is deleted

cgram23cgram23 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I had a few movie collections assigned on my server (Batman trilogy, Avengers/MCU, etc). In iOS and Apple TV (but not the desktop app), this caused a 'collections' folder to show in addition to the individual movies. Even after I deleted the collection, these folders still show (they just show '0 movies'). Any ideas what might be causing this?

Answers

• cgram23cgram23 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
  • kohlsekohlse Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The link above doesn't really answer the OP's question... which is how does one really delete a collection such that it doesn't appear on some other device's view of a library? And the answer is...

1) Pull up the plex.tv version of the PLEX in a web browser and login.

2) Select the library in which you wish to do some demolition, for this guide, "Movies" is the library of choice.

3) From the "Movies" pop-up menu at the upper left of the panel, select "Collections"

• you should now see a grid/list/summary of your current set of collections, including the ones you thought you had effectively removed by unselecting them the "Tags" field of all the titles that had been in the collection.

4) Select the ones you wish to obliterate (clicking in the little circle that appears when you mouse over the tile for a title).

5) From the "..." Menu that should now appear at the upper right of the panel, select "Delete", and it's Gone, Daddy Gone.

Q.E.D.