If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

I have tried for days, but I cannot get my Plex server accessible from outside the network. Help?

gutkinfamgutkinfam Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am using a Netgear R8900 router with built-in Plex server to run my media server.
Manual port forwarding and automatic UPnP both have resulted in unsuccessful connections from outside my network.

Every time I click "retry" the settings menu always turns green for a brief moment before returning to Not available outside your network. Your server is signed in to Plex, but is not reachable from outside your network.

Attached are my server logs. Please help.

Tagged:

Answers

• riddla26@gmail.comriddla26@gmail.com Posts: 3Members ✭✭

Hi, I have the exact same problem. Are you on Windows 10 and recently receive the latest Windows update too? That's the only thing that changed in my setup from working to not working.

I am finding that no matter whether you use custom port or not, port forwarding or not (it all worked previous to the Windows update), the Plex servers are resetting my SSL connections when my server tries to connect.

In the logs I have this line when I try to enable Remote Access:

Jan 10, 2018 23:28:23.760 [2188] WARN - PubSub: Received notifyConnectivity event with incorrect async identifier

Which I see in your logs too:

Jan 10, 2018 14:13:52.097 [0xb2a05530] WARN - PubSub: Received notifyConnectivity event with incorrect async identifier

It seems likely we both have the same problem.

• gutkinfamgutkinfam Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

No, my server does not run off of my Windows computer. It runs on my Netgear R8900 router with built-in Plex.
    Although I do think we are running into the same issue here. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?