If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex are you kidding me with this bs???

Tdawg410Tdawg410 Posts: 25Members ✭✭
edited January 11 in Xbox One

New update, yay!! But wait...

I still have the baby poop colored background
I still have the ridiculous menu system

But now, I get buffering all the time. Why is it buffering you ask? Well, for one thing my media (ir) remote will no longer PLAY\PAUSE! It did yesterday before the update so wtf, why would you remove that??

It's even buffering mid show now. Before you ask, I'm on a wired Ethernet connection, gigabit actually (catalyst 2960s), and my server is a 16 core Dell with 32gb ram, connected to the same switch. It didn't buffer midshow yesterday.

And honestly the Xbox media player can play these files directly, so why the hell is Plex even trying to transcode it? My remote even plays, pauses, and has a normal ff\rew in the Media Player, again wtf Plex??

Comments

• mbarylskimbarylski Posts: 430Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having the same problem. I've tried with direct play on or off, and it doesn't seem to matter. Ive only seen the issue though when skipping forward too many times. Do you see the issue without skipping? Just watching a show and all of a sudden it starts buffering? That's not good at all.

• Tdawg410Tdawg410 Posts: 25Members ✭✭

Yeah about 20mins into a 30min show it just starts buffering. I have to exit Plex and if I restart it plays almost immediately. If I try to resume it takes quite a while but at least it did resume.

My wife went to bed, she's sick of Plex and wants me to go back to mezzemo. Said the 'used to be pretty app isn't worth the headaches'. sigh when the wife ain't happy you know it's bad...

• cihypancihypan Posts: 41Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

buffering issues, serious UI issues, playback issues in general, and **** crapping out mid way through.... just shaking my head every time. absolute disappointment with this app/direction you have taken, plex devs.

Personally I don't have a problem with the UI, but the playback issues, especially freezing in the middle of watching a video is really frustrating. I just don't understand how testing is conducted on these apps. With modern tools to do regression testing, the bugs we're seeing should never occur.

• MikeyTTMikeyTT Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@mbarylski said:
    Personally I don't have a problem with the UI, ...

Have you tried to navigate the horizontal menu to a series or film, go into that film/series to read the description, watch the trailer and then come back to the menus? Instead of dropping you back at the thumbnail, you're all the way back at the top left.

I can live with other UI changes and learn new ways to navigate, but that for me just frustrates me no end. Makes it impossible to sit at the TV and choose a film, if you're constantly navigating around :(

• CraigNCraigN Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@MikeyTT said:
    Have you tried to navigate the horizontal menu to a series or film, go into that film/series to read the description, watch the trailer and then come back to the menus? Instead of dropping you back at the thumbnail, you're all the way back at the top left.

I can live with other UI changes and learn new ways to navigate, but that for me just frustrates me no end. Makes it impossible to sit at the TV and choose a film, if you're constantly navigating around :(

I feel you pain, it bugs me endlessly as well. The old UI might not have been fantastic but it at least was efficient.

@MikeyTT said:

@mbarylski said:
    Personally I don't have a problem with the UI, ...

Well, yes, the UI is extremely buggy. My biggest pet peeve is after I watch a show the cursor completely disappears. I have to randomly press buttons to get it back. Even worse than that though, I'm currently experiencing an issue where I can't even go to my most frequently used library. I click on it and it does nothing. That issue just randomly appeared about a week ago.

• jungwirthjungwirth Posts: 175Members ✭✭✭

I watched my partner on the couch swearing about the remote not working.
    It didn't occur to me that an update would have pushed out making the experience worse so I figured it was just her. Now I feel bad, and her cries of "WTF is wrong with Plex now" are hard to ignore.

So I'll +1 for the thread title.

• Tdawg410Tdawg410 Posts: 25Members ✭✭

I mean can someone explain why this is regressing so much? Is this crap UX what I should expect from Plex moving forward?

Even my daughter's 32" LG does Plex better than the Xbox now. It's embarrassing.

• TwistedEndzTwistedEndz Posts: 259Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 14

your wife needs to haul ass back to grocery store and buy more popcorn cuse this **** aint about to be fixed anytime soon !

• jjrjr1jjrjr1 Posts: 1,931Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 14

LOL
    You outta see it Plex on a PS4!!!!
    Make you wanna kill yourself...
    LOL