If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Libreelec 8.2.2.3 & Kodi with Plex Addon 0.1.3 1080P MPEG2 Playback Stuttering

CrouchingWormCrouchingWorm Posts: 38Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

Apologies if this is covered in another thread - couldn't find it with a bit of looking.

I've been running libreelec on an S905X chipset for a few months with great success with Plex (plex pass user) - DVR playback of 1080P content was effortless - until now.
The playback is stuttering and no longer watchable.
Started to occur about 3 weeks ago.
I'm running the latest of all bits of the software.
I've tried rolling back Plex to the previous two versions - no luck.
I've tried downgrading Libreelec to 8.2.2.1 - no luck.
I've disabled secure connections - no luck.

Plex PC client for the same contect - works fine.
Plex Client on Apple TV4 - works fine (sadly).
Plex Server is Ubuntu 16.04.

I love these 905X boxes with Kodi/Plex - any help is greatfully accepted.
I have a log file - but am unsure of how to upload as I don't run Kodi on Ubuntu/Windows - Libreelec doesn't seem to support pastebin..

Any clues?

Best Answer

Answers

• CrouchingWormCrouchingWorm Posts: 38Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

this line in the debug:
    19:50:24.045 T:3494892448 ERROR: CVideoPlayerVideo::OpenStream - Invalid framerate 90000, using forced 25fps and just trust timestamps...

• CrouchingWormCrouchingWorm Posts: 38Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Makes sense - I'll do that now.
    Cheers,