If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Version 2.1.1 -- issue (somewhat) remains

alzee76alzee76 Posts: 9Members ✭✭

FIXED:
Media Remote play/pause buttons not working in video player when OSD is hidden

The play/pause media remote button issue is not actually fixed in the new version. The play button now toggles between the playing/paused state, but the pause button does nothing. It's a step in the right direction at least.

Tagged:

Answers

• MoussaMoussa Posts: 1,530Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Hi there. Could you clarify which remote you're referring to? The Xbox One Media Remote has a single combined play/pause button.

• mbarylskimbarylski Posts: 432Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 11

All universal remotes will have separate play and pause buttons. I'm using the Harmony remote. For me, play or pause worked as separate buttons before this latest update. If the devs are mapping specifically to the Xbox one remote I don't think that will satisfy the requirement. It should map to standard play and pause buttons.

• alzee76alzee76 Posts: 9Members ✭✭

I'm using a Harmony One, and always have been. I have the play and pause buttons sending the appropriate commands. There are three different commands you have to handle. In the normal windows SDK they are

APPCOMMAND_MEDIA_PLAY
    APPCOMMAND_MEDIA_PAUSE
    APPCOMMAND_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE

The first two are for normal remotes, the last one is for toggle remotes.

This all worked before the latest round of updates, though occasionally I would have to click play once first before pause would be recognized.

• mbarylskimbarylski Posts: 432Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@alzee76 said:
    I'm using a Harmony One, and always have been. I have the play and pause buttons sending the appropriate commands. There are three different commands you have to handle. In the normal windows SDK they are

APPCOMMAND_MEDIA_PLAY
    APPCOMMAND_MEDIA_PAUSE
    APPCOMMAND_MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE

The first two are for normal remotes, the last one is for toggle remotes.

This all worked before the latest round of updates, though occasionally I would have to click play once first before pause would be recognized.

Agreed, I've had the same exact experience with my Harmony remote.