If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Media Server DLNA Service Crashes 2-3x a day on Windows 10 64Bit

Fumanchu1093Fumanchu1093 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I leave my windows 10 PC running all day and when I wake it up from the screensaver it seems like more often than not I come back to a window showing the message "Plex media server DLNA service has stopped working". I click close and it restarts the server and things seem to work fine. If I try to stream from HEOS or some other DLNA client on the network it's a 50/50 whether the Plex DLNA server shows up or not. It will show up after the service restarts when I click close. Is this is a common problem people are having? Is there a fix?

I'm running the latest plex media server, version 1.10.1.4602. It doesn't look like anything is showing in the plex crash report folders but I did turn on windows crash dumps for it which is attached.

Tagged: