If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Kinect support is gone

romanodogromanodog Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I can no longer say "xbox pause" to pause what I'm watching. Was this intentional or will this be fixed?

Comments

• romanodogromanodog Posts: 34Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I actually just found out that I can say "xbox play" to send a pause command. Seems wrong

• CraigNCraigN Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The problem seems to be related to the Xbox remote (IR) support as well. On the remote I cannot press the PAUSE button anymore, I have to press the PLAY button to play and to pause.

• mbarylskimbarylski Posts: 430Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@CraigN said:
    The problem seems to be related to the Xbox remote (IR) support as well. On the remote I cannot press the PAUSE button anymore, I have to press the PLAY button to play and to pause.

Which remote are you using? It seems they developed the app to respond to a toggle button, but not for universal remotes with separate play and pause. That wasn't always the case so don't know why they changed it.

I am using an Inteset universal remote.

• mbarylskimbarylski Posts: 430Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@CraigN said:
    I am using an Inteset universal remote.

Ok, same situation as me then. I've got a Harmony universal, but same separate buttons as you. We've mentioned to @Moussa in other threads that there needs to be configuration for both a toggle button and separate buttons. Hopefully they'll add the functionality for separate play and pause buttons back in.

I would be happy if they just mapped the PAUSE button to the PAUSE action. The PLAY button can remain dual function if its easier.

• SmoothMarxSmoothMarx Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I think us Xbox One w/ Kinect users have to start (sadly) weening off the Kinect sensor.

MS stopped making it, system-wide support has gone ages ago. it's only a matter of time until it become a glorified Skype camera, I'm sad to say.
    Loved being able to navigate plex with my hands. :(

• slydog75slydog75 Posts: 99Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Wow, this is the first I"m hearing that they've completely stopped support for the Kinect. What ridiculous timing. They had a giant leap in the voice control market over Amazon and Google and they squandered it.