If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to see version info for PMP

nigelpbnigelpb Posts: 783Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

How can I tell which version of PMP I have on my MacBook Pro? Other than downloading the known latest version I cannot find anywhere an "About". In Devices it shows as Version 3.29.7 which is the web browser version I guess even though the latest web browser Plex player is Version 3.32.2.

Best Answer

Answers

• WunderwallyWunderwally Posts: 408Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Got to Settings and About.

• nigelpbnigelpb Posts: 783Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Wunderwally said:
    Got to Settings and About.

There is no "About" in Settings. As I already stated there is no "About" anywhere.

• nigelpbnigelpb Posts: 783Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

OK. It seems that unless you are in full screen mode you are not really using PMP just using the regular web interface.

I much prefer the web interface as the full screen interface is just too low res & dumbed down (unless there is some way of adjusting video thumbnail size that I haven't yet found). I have a MacBook Pro Retina & in the web interface in full screen when browsing a library I can see 44 complete thumbnails & the upper half of the next eleven thumbnails. In the PMP dumb interface I can only see 12 thumbnails & the top third of the next 6 thumbnails.

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 27,341Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited January 12

@nigelpb said:
    OK. It seems that unless you are in full screen mode you are not really using PMP just using the regular web interface.

Oh, you are using PMP.
    But the version information is only shown in full screen mode.
    Use whichever mode you prefer, but if you want to know the PMP software version, switch into the full screen mode.

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging