If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

old Android Plex app not working anymore?

BugzkeBugzke Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi there,

I use Plex on a lot of different devices for a few years now. One of them is an old Sony Tablet S running Android 4.0.3.
The Plex app can't update anymore for quite a while now, but the latest version I installed (4.24.2.563) still worked fine until today.

Suddenly Plex couldn't sync anymore with the server ("you are offline" error). Since other devices worked fine, I logged out of the app hoping that maybe reauthenticate would fix the problem, but now I can't login anymore. Error saying the app can't connect to plex.tv. Once again, no problem here on more recent Android devices.

What I didn't try is removing (and reinstalling) the app because I don't find it anymore on the Google Play Store on that specific tablet. Unless I can somewhere download old app versions, removing it would mean it's gone.

Did I miss something and is the recent server not compatible anymore with this version of the app? I run PMS 1.11.0.4666 on Ubuntu. Or is it fixable?

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!
I realise it is in fact an old tablet with old software versions, but it worked smoothly for playing synced Plex content while on the road, so it would be a shame if I can't get Plex up and running again :(