If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Fire Stick no AC3 Pass-Through

taddeusztaddeusz Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've been trying to get Plex to do AC3 pass-through but have not been successful. We have an older receiver so the TV does pass-through to it through optical. Everything else I have hooked up works fine. In fact, we even get 5.1 surround through Netflix on the Fire Stick. I have the Fire Stick set to AC3 only.

I'm not sure why this isn't working. I've thought of getting an HDMI audio splitter device that provides it's own EDID. I'd like to switch from using SageTV to Plex for our daily watching but not being able to get surround sound is a deal breaker.