If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Video crashes after I pause while streaming away from home.

devonsteeledevonsteele Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited January 19 in macOS/OS X (Mac)

Hello,

For a few months now (I think since an update or two ago?) whenever I am at work and streaming plex (I know but I work alone and I need something in the background!) if I have to pause the streaming it seems to only be able to resume and play whatever is currently buffered. I think it usually happens on TV shows that I have (testing movies). I have done some searching on it and it looks like it was fixed years ago? But clearly, I am having a problem.

When I am at home on my apple tv or any device in-house it does not have a problem. Any ideas? Anything I can do to test or help diagnose the issue?