If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Database issues on a Plex Server running on a QNAP NAS.

abarr1abarr1 Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited January 12 in Linux

I recently updated my Plex server. After the update, I keep getting the following error on the Plex homepage "There was an unexpected error loading the dashboard". When I go into the libraries everything looks ok (movies are shown with covers) until I click on a movie. When I click on a movie I get the following error "There was an unexpected error loading this item". This error is shown for all movies. I have tried several restarts of both Plex and the QNAP server.

I tried "Optimize Database" and "Clean Bundles" in the library menu. This did not work.

I believe this is a database issue. I looked at my settings and the "backup database every 3 days is selected". I looked for the folder listed and it looks like I have 4 backup files but they are all roughly a year old. Not sure why this is the case.

I then looked into checking and repairing the database and it looks fairly complicated and requires the use of sqllite3 (which I have never used before).

I would like some help repairing my database or restoring it if possible. Then maybe getting the database backup issue corrected.