If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Remote Access: Hit and Miss

pthomannpthomann Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have enabled Remote Access while signed in to my Plex Premium account. After about an hour, with no apparent changes, it shows red and says Remote Access not available. I have to sign out and sign back in for it to re-engage, but it only lasts for a short period of time. I have checked my modem settings and have tried manually port forwarding to no avail. I think I need to go back to square 1, can anyone help me with this?

Best Answer

Answers

• pthomannpthomann Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I did as you suggested, AmazingRando24 and so far, it seems to be working. It does appear that the Remote Access seems to turn-off while the PC sleeps or goes into screensaver mode, but then comes back almost instantly. Not sure why this is, but anyway....Thanks for the help!

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 27,341Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

I recommend to do this on all Windows computers which are used either as Plex Server or Plex clients.
    It might help with the remaining issue:

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging