If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

High background scanner CPU use on PMS 1.10 on Win 10?

MikeLeoneMikeLeone Posts: 83Members ✭✭

Running 1.10.1.4602 on Win 10 Pro, fully patched up to Jan 2018. I updated today to this version (I used to be on 1.8). Now, after doing a scan (for example, on a Music folder), I am seeing high background CPU use (52%+), process "Plex Media Scanner 32bit" . This only started happening after I upgraded Plex, which makes me suspect Plex.

Am I alone in seeing this behavior? All my libraries are on a Synology NAS on my local LAN, but I'm not seeing any other slowdowns or CPU usage, except by Plex. Before starting the scan, I was at 2-3% CPU; after, 52%+ (and the scan has finished).

This discussion has been closed.