If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Cannot connect to server via internet

EliottJayEliottJay Posts: 1Members

my server is undiscoverable via the internet.

This means I cannot share access to my server with anyone else.

I have a Netgear Nighthawk X4S D7800.

The screenshot below shows that the port is correctly forwarded in my router setup, so why can't I access anything from outside my LAN?

My phone connects when wireless (for some reason), but i downloaded Plex on another phone and it will not connect (or even find) the server, even when I'm sitting right next to it.

Answers

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,780Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

@EliottJay said:
    my server is undiscoverable via the internet.

This means I cannot share access to my server with anyone else.

I have a Netgear Nighthawk X4S D7800.

The screenshot below shows that the port is correctly forwarded in my router setup, so why can't I access anything from outside my LAN?

My phone connects when wireless (for some reason), but i downloaded Plex on another phone and it will not connect (or even find) the server, even when I'm sitting right next to it.

Would like some server logs to look at when you are attempting to access the server
    So ensure you have debug logging enabled on the server (Settings / Server / General / Show Advanced and check that debug logging is ticked). Restart the server to get fresh logs created

Could you go to Settings / Devices / Server and remove any old entry for the server - making sure you are left with the entry that is live

Next lets try to sign the server out - settings / server / general and sign out
    You will get a message that it is unclaimed
    Claim the server now
    This should sign the server back to your account
    Next lets try to check Remote Access server settings. You can disable it. Wait for it to complete that and wait an extra 20 seconds after that. Then enable it, Again wait for it to complete the action. There are timing issues if the buttons are clicked repeatedly. Check that manually specified port is ticked and that 32400 is the public port.

If there are still problems, capture screenshots and the logs (settings / server / help / download logs) and attach

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows