If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Chromecast can't play some files

spyvingenspyvingen Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a Synology disk with Plex server on. When I try some files it's looks like it is starting the series in the app but then that screen disappear and the series don't start.

Last time I downloaded a new series with donate and started to watch it and it worked fine but after like 30 I guess donate found a new version of the files and after that I can't play it on chrome cast. So I think it have something to do with the processor in my Synology that can't handle that file.

I can see in donate log that the file was swamped to another format look at attachment

So the question is should I tell somnar to never download x264 or HDTV or what should I not download?

Thanks in advance

Tagged: