If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

OpenSubtitles Not Working

AwesomekiwiAwesomekiwi Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hard to be much more specific than that -- OpenSubtitles doesn't seem to be working.

I have the Plex agents settings sorted out. I've check-marked OpenSubtitles as an agent under both Movie -> Plex Movie -> OpenSubtitles and Shows -> TheTVDB -> OpenSubtitles.

I have a Movies library and a Shows library, with the agents as Plex Movie and TheTVDB respectively, so that they can download subtitles.

I've clicked Refresh Metadata on each entire library.

What else am I missing? All I want is to learn Dothraki but how can I do that without subs!

Best Answer

• makmak36makmak36 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited January 16

What device are you trying to watch on? Also do you have an open subtitles account created?

• AwesomekiwiAwesomekiwi Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    via Email
    Just the web client

I don't have an open subtitles account, I always thought that was optional. Or at least every guide I've seen says it's optional. I can try that

I was aware of the limit of subtitles downloaded per day, but I guess I assumed Plex would keep downloading them every day until the library completely updated with subtitles.

I may go the SubZero way (need to look into it), but out of curiosity, if I were to refresh the libraries every day for as long as it takes, would the libraries eventually get all the subtitles? Assuming it's getting any at all right now.

• Bartlomiej BaraniecBartlomiej Baraniec Posts: 2,025Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm quite sure that eventually all libraries would get all the subtitles. How Plex determines order of refreshing subs is beyond my knowledge. You can always dig in logs for more details. I had exact same issue back when I started with Plex, OS VIP helped a lot but real life saver was SubZero.