If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[Help!] Media in folder disappeared?

angelus360angelus360 Posts: 2Members

Hey guys,

I had a weird issue when I woke up this morning. I had media streaming before falling asleep, and when I woke up, I was unable to resume it. I checked everything and it seems all of the media in the folder is gone and deleted.

I'm not sure how this happened or what to do next ?!

Answers

• tom80Htom80H Posts: 577Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

if it's a tv show... did you enable episode/recording deletion after watching an episode?
    check out that tv show's settings (Edit > Advanced > Keep ... and Edit > Advanced > Delete after watching...).

• angelus360angelus360 Posts: 2Members

Nope, I've never had that enabled! Everything seemed to have just disappeared / and all my tv shows are deleted :-(

• tom80Htom80H Posts: 577Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

you could check out the server logs if there's anything since you fell asleep that indicates Plex deleted those files. do you have any other apps/processes "cleaning up" your system?

I hope you had created a backup of your media...