If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

plex cannot find server on r9000?

boogadirt@hotmail.comboogadirt@hotmail.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I load my passport ultra USB onto the router and the router recognizes the USB drive, when I hit the open plex button it brings me to PLEX, but it just continually looks for servers, apparently unable to find the server on the r9000?

Tagged:

Answers

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 30,339Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

Is Plex Media Server enabled on the nighthawk r9000 dashboard ?
    https://support.plex.tv/articles/230934267-netgear-nighthawk-x10-router/

When it says looking for servers, are there any options on top for selecting settings for Plex web to enable logging And then retry ?
    If you have a settings button then it would be
    Settings / web / show advanced / debug / enable verbose logging and save changes and retry to connect to the server

If you can enable this logging then when it cannot find the server, get the log through settings / web / show advanced / debug / view logs
    Select all and copy to text file

On that support article there is a section that refers where the server logs and data areas are on the r9000 - if you have ssh access you can try and get the logs

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

Please do not send logs by Private Message unless specifically requested to