If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

iOS App

mcpatonmcpaton Posts: 37Members, Plex Pass, TunerTester Plex Pass

Loving Plexamp... particularly the crossfade sound. Now you need an iOS app that sounds the same, so I can ditch Apple's inbuilt one that won't crossfade!!

Comments

• jaykarrjaykarr Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just tried the Mac app and love the simplicity and being reintroduced to my music library after years of Spotify-only music playback. I came the forums to request the same aggressively minimal player for iOS!

• ShadowbottleShadowbottle Posts: 42Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+++
    I'd even throw a buck down for this to be ported to iOS. It'd probably be a lot easier to get Apple to grant CarPlay access to the PlexAmp app since they're being... less than accepting of a full Plex app.

Rothko visualizer on my car's entertainment system would be AMAZEBALLS.

• nosaj72nosaj72 Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm not sure you need a separate music only app for iOS, but the current one does need the volume leveling and smart transitions asap. Also a bit more aggressive caching (i.e. cache the next song while the current one is playing.)

• arobe79arobe79 Posts: 243Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Unfortunately Elan said in this thread https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/301351/plexamp-for-ios-carplay-android-androidauto#latest that Plexamp would not be a mobile app. It is a bit disappointing. I would love to see it or something similar on iOS for easy use when driving. I also agree that Apple might be more willing to open CarPlay up to Plex if the video component pulled out of a player for obvious safety concerns.

Plex Media Server Intel G540 CPU 2.50 GHZ 2M CACHE 2.5 2 LGA 1155 Processor, Windows 10, Apple TV 4 X 2, iOS

• PGalatiPGalati Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@nosaj72 said:
    I'm not sure you need a separate music only app for iOS, but the current one does need the volume leveling and smart transitions asap. Also a bit more aggressive caching (i.e. cache the next song while the current one is playing.)

Yes, switching from wifi to LTE and vice versa should not cause a stoppage of music.

• elanelan CTO and Co-founder MauiPosts: 6,978Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

@PGalati said:
    Yes, switching from wifi to LTE and vice versa should not cause a stoppage of music.

Agreed!

instagram @elan // the wife's photography site.
    the Medium page // the dog's twitter feed.