If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

CONSTANT Dashboard load issue

troubledtoystroubledtoys Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a LOT of content, over 21 thousand movies, 1200+ complete TV programs, 100+ Tb of music, and EVERY time I load up, I have to hit retry over and over again until the dashboard loads. I have this all on Drobo B1200i machines in perfect order mapped to the machine plex server is on, and the machine it is on has 64gb RAM and a M.2 Samsung pro 512gb drive with a core i7 processor. My machines are MORE than capable of doing everything WAY faster than the software needs and everything comes up in a snap EXCEPT for plex. can you guys PLEASE fix this?!?! There is no way to talk to a real human to fix this or any other issue and that is really annoying considering I PAID for the lifetime subscription.

Answers

• spikemixturespikemixture Posts: 1,562Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

100Tb of music?
    At 3mb per song is about 35 million songs ! + your movies and tv shows

If that is the case I am not surprised Plex is having issues!

Ask Spotify or Apple what they use!

Plex related : NAS Qnap TVS-1282, (Plex server & main storage) Synology 1817+ (backup Plex server & backup storage), 2x NUC (Skull i7 , i5), Drobo 5N and 2 Nvidia Shield Pros (backup Plex servers)(2017 and 2015)
    Client hardware used or using - Shield 2015 pro and 2017 pro, ATV4, Xbox 360 and one, Fire stick and TV, windows PMP, Raspberry PI, Roku Stick, 3 and 4 plus several Android Phones and Tablets.

I give MY opinion from MY experience!

So much importance is put on the processing power of your PMS box.
    I say equal or more should be put on correctly formatting and optimizing your media !

• ChuckPAChuckPA Posts: 22,182Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

May I suggest Manually Optimize the database

Verify the database is set for automatic maintenance in Settings - Server - Scheduled Tasks and the server is on during that time (I assume it is but am verifying just in case)

Which i7 processor is in use? Has the PMS database (your metadata) been moved to the SSD

Please DISABLE Verbose logging until requested

Please search before posting

Primary support: Linux, Synology, and QNAP

Please remember to report back. This benefits others.

Useful links

Installation and Basic Setup |  Media Preparation (How to name your media files)  |  Linux Permissions 

Handling TV Specials | Handling Movie extras  |  Nas Compatibility

Reporting Plex Server issues | Plex Media Server FAQ | Linux Tips

Other useful guides: Local Subtitles | The Plex "dance" | Synology FAQ | PMS Release Announcements

Hosts: Fedora, QNAP, Synology, most Linux distros in VM

No technical support via PM unless offered

Please remember to mark the appropriate answer(s) which solved your issue.