If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

An error occurred while postprocessing the recording Unraid

Mattgob86Mattgob86 Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have been running Plex Media Server on windows 10 for a little while for movies and Live TV DVR and I decided to move to Unraid and finally got it all up and running on the 15th. I am not sure if I have the docker setup correctly since I had a very hard time figuring out the setup, I don't know where the transcode folder should be pointed at and I am not sure if I have it setup correctly but it is running.

I recorded 12 items since the initial question yesterday and 7 of them had the postprocessing error. I have attached the logs from just now. The last recording that had the error ended at 10AM.

I would really appreciate any help on this. I have posted the logs from today.

Best Answer

Answers

• Mattgob86Mattgob86 Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ok, I changed my transcode folder into the appdata share. I will test to see if this fixes my problem.

@Leifgg You are the man! (knocks on wood) I have recorded 5 shows with or without commercial skipping and none of them had the postprocessing error. Thank you very much.

• Markdonnell1975Markdonnell1975 Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am having this same problem. @Leifgg The link you posted seems to be dead.

edited January 19

The main thing is that the transcode folder is in /mnt/user/appdata/transcode.

I had created a share called transcode which was causing my errors but after pointing to the appdata folder I have no trouble at all.

• LeifggLeifgg Posts: 50Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Markdonnell1975 said:
    I am having this same problem. @Leifgg The link you posted seems to be dead.

Try this: http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/218695/

unRAID server 6.4.1 with Plexinc PMS Docker ver 1.11.3

• LeifggLeifgg Posts: 50Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Mattgob86 said:

I had created a share called transcode which was causing my errors but after pointing to the appdata folder I have no trouble at all.

Mostly the appdata share is located on the cash disk and since it doesn’t involve any parity drive (like the array) its likely to be faster as well as the fact that many users are using an SSD.

unRAID server 6.4.1 with Plexinc PMS Docker ver 1.11.3

@Leifgg said:

@Mattgob86 said:

Mostly the appdata share is located on the cash disk and since it doesn’t involve any parity drive (like the array) its likely to be faster as well as the fact that many users are using an SSD.

The share I created for transcode I had only using the cache drives unless I chose the wrong option. Either way mine is working now.

Well I had 4 days in a row without problems but last night Shark Tank and the evening local news had the postprocessing error and today the morning news has postprocessing and another show had a transcoder error when the recording was due to start.