If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Playback of 1080p movies just stop on an Nvidia Shield TV (2017)

ady199aady199a Posts: 21Members ✭✭

I have the latest version of Plex installed on my Nvidia Shield TV 2017 Edition. (It has a 1TB USB drive plugged into it for adaptive storage). I then have a 3TB hard drive plugged directly into it which has all my movies stored on it.

The problem I have is, I start watching a movie but after 20 minutes of watching it the playback of the movie just stops without warning and goes back to the screen where I can select PLAY, MARK AS WATCHED etc. etc.

Can anyone please help???

I have attached a log file...Hopefully its the correct file...as I downloaded loads.

Answers

• BigWheelBigWheel Posts: 10,106Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Doesn't look like anything attached. would be best to see server and app logs. the app logs would more likely say why it quit playback

Logs > https://support.plex.tv/articles/201869908-log-files/
  • ady199aady199a Posts: 21Members ✭✭
    edited January 20

I have just tried to watch a movie again and the same thing happened

Log file attached

Can someone please look into this, as it's really doing my head in

• BigWheelBigWheel Posts: 10,106Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

server logs show the player stopped playback. so need to see player logs of it happening

Jan 19, 2018 14:53:28.172 [28706] DEBUG - Streaming Resource: Timing out session 0x202d8f4be0:b37a1be3adcf0c03-com-plexapp-android
    Jan 19, 2018 14:53:28.172 [28706] DEBUG - Streaming Resource: Terminated session 0x202d8f4be0:b37a1be3adcf0c03-com-plexapp-android with reason Client stopped playback.
    Jan 19, 2018 14:53:28.172 [28706] DEBUG - Streaming Resource: Removing session 0x202d8f4be0:b37a1be3adcf0c03-com-plexapp-android 

Logs > https://support.plex.tv/articles/201869908-log-files/
    edited January 20

Thanks for your reply.....Please find attached all my logs - I started watching a movie about 20 minutes ago and the exact same thing happend

Can anyone, please help???

Thanks in advance

• mwolf83@hotmail.commwolf83@hotmail.com Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having the same issue as you on my NVidia Shield. Every video player perfectly on every other device I have, but on the Shield it just stops playing after a few minutes and goes back to the info screen where I can select resume from previous spot. I also have Kodi with Plex add-on with the same exact issue. I've tried both wi-fi and wired connections.

• PabloHernandezPabloHernandez Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Mine ALWAYS stopped as soon as im done watching any tv episode, when it's suppost to ready the next episode to play... at times i click play before the timer counts down and it only plays 1-2 seconds of the following episode before halting play.

• dbinottdbinott Posts: 73Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 18

I have the same issue and it's been happening for a while now. I rolled back all updates for Plex.
    Here are some logs. I think this has the new version and the old version.

Plex Server: Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz, 16.0GB RAM
    Storage: 20TB
    Clients: Nvidia Shield TV, iPad Mini, OnePlus 5, Roku 3, Roku 4, iPad Air, Samsung Smart TV