If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Picture-in-Picture (PiP) On Android Oreo 8.0?

shnapsishnapsi Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I absolutely love Plex. Using it everyday on my Pixel 2. Soon all of the Galaxy S8 will get Oreo and numerous flagship phones. But still We did not get PIP which is a basic feature on Oreo. What is going on? Is it being tested? Are any of the Plex team members even here to comment?

Answers

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 1,375Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

PIP works if you don't use the app but use the web...

• shnapsishnapsi Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@nokdim said:

Interesting, But why wouldn't it work on the app? If you look at the app's premissions within the Android settings app, you can see that it is allowed to use PIP. But makes no use of it. Anyone from the Plex team cares to address this?

• mtappertmtappert Posts: 72Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Bump - PIP for Android Mobile?

• Orbital_Orbital_ Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 13

Bump, would love this feature + background play option for Plex video on Android.

Thanks!

• MattTwinkleToesMattTwinkleToes Posts: 164Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@nokdim said:

Not much help if watching local offline content. Shame this does not work but the android app is a bit messy and buggy. It could use a refresh and they might as well add this feature.

• mtappertmtappert Posts: 72Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I agree.. wish the Android Mobile and TV app supported PIP, however they really, really need to fix .srt subtitles not working.. that is my main issue, along with some file sync problems.

• edthepenguinedthepenguin Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited April 15

Hi, this would be a great help for me, to prevent having to leave playback to use other apps.
    I've noticed Emby does this as I'm currently trialling it as an alternative to Plex.. still in limbo between the two though.
    Has anyone in the Plex team provided feedback on this yet?

• edthepenguinedthepenguin Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Nothing? No response whatsoever on this?

I can see why people give up using these forums.