Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Watched status persistently changes back to Unwatched for some episodes

poc@usb.vepoc@usb.ve Posts: 10Members ✭✭

Certain episodes of certain shows (always the same episodes of the same shows) will not retain their Watched status no matter what I do. I've marked them individually, by Season and by Show and nothing works. I mark the episode Watched, click to a different screen (even within the Plex app) and when I go back to On Deck the episode is once again marked as Unwatched. The problem persists across reboots of the server and restarts of the app. This looks very much like a database problem. Do I need to rebuild the database completely? Would this mean losing the genuine status of all my content? Is there a database checker I could use, or a way to manually edit the database to correct these errors?

Using server version 1.10.1.4602 under Fedora 27. Usual client is an Amazon Fire Stick (2nd gen) but the same occurs with the web client.

Answers

• amneeamnee Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yes I am getting the same across all platforms

• uglymagoouglymagoo Posts: 1,081Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

This is typically always related to a misconfiguration or bug of the trakt.tv plugin. Do you use trakt.tv or something similar?

Official instructions for Plex Media Server on the Raspberry Pi 2 and 3 / Banana Pi / ODROID / many more : armhf and arm64 Debian Repository
    My PMS hardware: RPi 2, NVIDIA Shield TV, Intel Xeon