If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

shaka 1001 - playback error

thepregnantgodthepregnantgod Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Looks like a lot of folks are having this error.

For me, it's when I try to play a 4k UHD rip. I have a 4k monitor - though something about HDR settings (identified through DVDFab Media player used to confirm the rip is good) might make it want to transcode?

Either way, when I click on the movie I get the shaka 1001 playback error. Only on the 4k movies.

Answers

• ksnellksnell Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I get the same error, and it is also only on the 4k movies. Did you ever find a fix?

• greyghost19greyghost19 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am having this error and it is getting annoying. It is not for 4kfor me but seems to happen near the end when a program is almost over. I'm wondering if it has to do with the play queue. Seems to only happen to me for programs that don't have another episode coming up.

• thepregnantgodthepregnantgod Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Never found a fix. I get a thousand responses a day about other shaka1001 errors. Let's hope the developers believe us and fix the issue.

• ksnellksnell Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Agreed. There are certainly some real stability issues.

I had a minor breakthrough on a file. I could get it to actually play through Microsoft Edge, but not Chrome or my Apple TVs. Very strange.