Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No connexion to plexserver with OpenPHT

TribuMediaTribuMedia Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,

I have installed OpenPHT 1.8 on a new Linux system without problem but I can't sign in to plex: the code doesn't appear and the manual connection is not possible too. For the two methods, the waiting symbol is rotating but there is no response.

Have you an idea?

Best Answer

• TribuMediaTribuMedia Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

I have installed the libcurl4-openssl-dev package and it's OK now. I am on Linux Mint 18

Answers

• nielsvdpnielsvdp Posts: 65Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please check if the system gets network connection. This is always the problem if you cannot sign in.

Yes I have network connection from my system and from OpenPHT too because it's possible to check that a new version is availbale from OpenPHT menu.

In OpenPHT log file (plexhometheater.log) I find many times this message: ERROR: Unable to load libcurl.so.4.4.0, reason: libcurl.so.4.4.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.
    I think it's probably the problem

Accepted Answer

I have installed the libcurl4-openssl-dev package and it's OK now. I am on Linux Mint 18