Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex CNET Channel Not Playing

DLenDLen Members, Plex Pass Posts: 17 Plex Pass

Is anyone else experiencing trouble trying to watch any CNET content? About a month ago I began having problems with the Plex app on my Tivo Bolt not loading any CNET Content. I was able to watch CNET through the Plex app on my fireTV so I didn't seek any help. Now, on the Amazon fireTV the CNET channel only shows video with no audio. Does anyone have a thought or suggestion to assit me?

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• DLenDLen Members, Plex Pass Posts: 17 Plex Pass

sander1,
    Thank you for your response. Do you know approximately when I can expect the fix to be available?

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 3,750 Plex Ninja

Another fix was pushed out shortly after the first one. Fixes will be downloaded by your Plex Media Server automatically, usually within a few hours after the updates being pushed out.

Thank you again. However, last night the CNET channel within the Plex app on my Tivo Bolt showed the videos in the directory, but went I went to play one, nothing happened. I hope this functionality returns soon.

Still not working in the Plex app on my TiVo Bolt! Other channels play fine TWIT, Plex, History Channel, etc. Only the CNET channel never loads and plays.

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 3,750 Plex Ninja

@DLen said:
    Still not working in the Plex app on my TiVo Bolt! Other channels play fine TWIT, Plex, History Channel, etc. Only the CNET channel never loads and plays.

Does the channel work in other Plex clients?

I will test the CNET channel from my Plex Client on my fireTV later tonight and report back. Thank you.

edited February 22

@DLen said:
    I will test the CNET channel from my Plex Client on my fireTV later tonight and report back. Thank you.

I just had a chance to look at the channel again, and something on the source site has changed... again. So, yes it's correct that it's not working at the moment. I'm working on a fix as we speak.

Edit: Fix has been made and pushed out to the Channel Directory.

sander1, Thank you so much for working to maintain this channel. I still find problems watching AppleByte on my TiVo Bolt Plex Client. However, I am able to watch it on my iPad, iPhone, and fireTV.

Thank You again for all your efforts. Yes, it appears to be related to TiVo.

The CNET Channel is now working properly on my TiVo Bolt. I just wanted to say thank you for your efforts to get this fixed.