If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Google Cardboard?

andyosierandyosier Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Will there be a version created for Google Cardboard (non-Daydream)?

Answers

• ManuelPGManuelPG Plex Dev Team Posts: 387Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

We're actively looking into adding support for other popular VR platforms in the future, but no further details can be provided at the moment. Sorry I can't be more specific than that.

• mathew.pinardmathew.pinard Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 7

I hope that will be a thing at some point, kinda sucks that I can't get Daydream to work on my Xiaomi A1 :(

• chungschungs Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm also in favor of supporting Cardboard. It'll open up a whole lot more users to "watch together" with. Frankly I don't care much about the virtual environment; just give me a UI to watch my Plex library in a headset.

• bjamminbjammin Posts: 86Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 to this. Kinda surprised that cardboard is not already supported. Is the SDK much different ?

• sannesfamilysannesfamily Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 to this. Lots of my friends and family have Cardboard VR headsets; hardly anyone has Google DayDream or the others.

• MatchooWMatchooW Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 New platforms have been added, but not cardboard, the most accessible one. I hope it won't be too much longer. :) <3