If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex for Alexa in Australia

steveheardsteveheard Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Now Alexa has launched in Australia, I can’t add the skill - which I had when I was in the US store. When can I add the skill in Australia?
This is very frustrating.

• camblertoncamblerton Posts: 9Members ✭✭

Ditto! I was happy to switch my US account over to an Australian one yesterday but then I found the same issue. One of my main uses of the Dot as well. Why geo-restrict a skill like this?

• camblertoncamblerton Posts: 9Members ✭✭

That's awesome news Vanstinator. Thanks so much for the feedback there. I thought it was some restriction Amazon had placed on the skill.

• estranged2000estranged2000 Posts: 30Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Here's how Plex employee handled my question re : Canada.

• paulrumenspaulrumens Posts: 215Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Its been interesting how many Skills are missing from the Australian Skills section

• rob_melbrob_melb Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@vanstinator said:
    Amazon rolled out official Australian support right before the holidays. We have to get certified again when we push the new configuration to enable all English regions. We're currently working on this and it should be widely available soon.

It would be great if you could give an update on progress (i.e. likely release date)? I know it has only been just over a month, but any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

• richkiwi5richkiwi5 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm looking for an update on the timeline for Au Plex support too please......
    Are we looking at days, weeks, months or years? Love Plex.... Love Alexa..... just
    want them to work together ;-)

• synthi@gmail.comsynthi@gmail.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited March 11

Yep, eagerly awaiting this too. Certainly not Plex's issue, but the number of skills available in the AU region is dismal and having Plex functioning would go some way to alleviating that!

• vanstinatorvanstinator Plex Voice Control Posts: 771Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

We should be out soon. We've been working through some challenges with the certification of the new release but we're just about there.

Projects I currently develop or maintain

Classic Forum for Plex - A forum skin that aims to replicate the classic forum experience as best as possible without taking away some of the better things about the new forum.

PlexWink - A Plex Channel that monitors Plex and controls your smart lights based on playback.

UASViewer - A Plex Channel for the Unsupported App Store that lets you browse channels right from Plex.

• weezypenguinweezypenguin Posts: 74Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

great news

• paulrumenspaulrumens Posts: 215Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for the update