If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

OpenPHT freezes

phatboydwphatboydw Posts: 4Members

I am running Linux Mint 17, everything was working fine. The only changes I can think of are that I ran updates this morning. Basically the application turns on fine, I can scroll through all available videos intro music all plays fine. Even watching videos via the TV in my living room for the kids no problem. Regardless of the video I launch, it loads up a black screen, plays a few seconds of audio, then freezes. My System Monitor also reports OpenPHT using 25% CPU continuously. It doesn't appear that I have any Linux Mint roll back options unless I personally made a backup which I haven't. I also verified that plex.tv web player works correctly, so I must have messed up a few files that OpenPHT needs. I removed the app, reinstalled, I did a apt-get update, upgrade, dist-upgrade, autoremove,clean, and reinstalled same results. Are they any log files that might help identify whats wrong? Any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated as I watch a lot of shows via my computer as its much quieter at night.

• phatboydwphatboydw Posts: 4Members

I am a noob, just my self relenting need to never reboot, guess one of the updates involved my video driver. Please ignore ...